cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI not displayed after building

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I got the feeling this is something simple but I just cant seem to get it to work.  I am not at my work computer right now so I will follow up tommorow with a more detailed update.  The problem generalized is that running the project from the project manager i can click on a button and a vi will popup, but after I build it and run the same process it shows loading and then nothing,  The vi never pops up.  I think I might be missing something in the build options but not sure where.  I have included everything needed in the Always Include section.  If any one has an idea let me know.  Tomorow I can give more details.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,307 Views)

Hi,

I guess there is some error thrown out just before pop up window. May be you are reading a file and you have not included it in the right place.

Check your error handling.

Regards,

Prashant

Message 2 of 13
(3,296 Views)
Hi Prashant, I am trying to read in a file and parse out some strings into some text indicators on the vi that never opens but I dont see any errors. A small loading window quickly appears and disappears then nothing. I am going to double check my error handling though. Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,281 Views)
Within the VI that is not popping up, there is a write and remove key vi. When I disable those two the vi pops up in the build exe. Any ideas?.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,271 Views)
The write key.vi from the ni_lvconfig.lvlib seems to be the problem. Everything works fine from project explore r. Just cannot get vi to display after building project and running. Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,257 Views)

Hey NJS_Prog,

I have found a couple other Discussion Forum Posts that are similar to this one. Please take a look at these suggestions from them and let me know if they work for you.

1) Knowledge Base Article: Why Does My Executable Not Work When Using the Current VI's Path Constant?

2)One other thing to mention is that KB is for LabVIEW 8.2.  In 2009 and 2010 a built EXE by default may have VIs referenced deeper than just one level.  You can keep stripping the path until a directory is found, or an easier solution is to check the box in the Advanced section that is "Use LabVIEW 8.x file layout" which then makes that KB valid again.

3) Discussion Forum: Strip Path VI error on exe version?

Have a good holiday!

Ricky V

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 6 of 13
(3,240 Views)
Hi Ricky, Thanks for the links. What's strange about this is I'm not using the current vis path constant. I thought I might need to change some options in my build but im also using the remove key.vi and read key.vi and those are working just fine. Ill post an image of the block diagram as soon as I get to my computer (few hours). Posting from phone right now. Thanks,
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(3,233 Views)

IMGA.jpg

I have the Write Key.VI disabled and the vi works in the stand alone once removed the vi doesnt pop up.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(3,219 Views)

What are you doing after parsing? are you exiting the VI? if so, then try the following..

After Building your EXE, Put the file that your reading in the folder where your EXE is present. and then try it.

Regards,

Prashant

Message 9 of 13
(3,211 Views)

Could u upload the VI??

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(3,206 Views)