From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI interface type

Solved!
Go to solution

In attached file in "Type Spec" control all fields are void. How can I change it to type what I want (for example some of field I want to be type "error cluster", some "Instrument Handle out"). In other word how change "Type Spec" into "Type Spec 2"?? For all tips I would be really appreciate.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,277 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Walter_ppk

First, you have to disconnect the controls and indicators going into the call by reference node function.  That is why you are getting the broken by between the Call by Ref Node and the Open VI.  That was wired up under a specific VI, but the type specifier was changed when a different control was wired in.

Next, if  you want a different VI, right click on the front panel control for the type specifier, Select VI class, Browse, and go find the subVI you want.  The call by reference node will update to match the connector pattern. Then go and rewire your controls and indicators to the connector pattern.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,266 Views)

For those of us who are lazy for browsing, you can set VI reference to be strictly typed to particular VI simply by dragging the VI you wish to call by reference into the VI Reference controll - drag and drop siply icon (from top right corner, or VI file from file browser) 🙂

Certified-LabVIEW-Developer_rgb.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,236 Views)

Thanks a lot for a help. Problem is solved.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,181 Views)

Walter,

if its solved mark it as solved by whoever solved it Smiley Happy

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Everything should be made as simple as possible but no simpler"
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,168 Views)