From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI breaks during cleanup

Hi everyone!

I have a VI which breaks if I clean it up with the embedded solution (hitting Ctrl + U). I have found out that if the VI's name is short enough, then this does not occur. Also, if I remove all broken wires (Ctrl + B), it fixes the VI and cleaning up again results the same error. Can you confirm it please? I have attached the necessary files to reproduce the issue.

I'm using LabVIEW 2018, 64-bit version.

Before

Screenshot_66.png

After

Screenshot_67.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,159 Views)

Yes, same observation in 2018 32bit. (Only happens if the subVI label is shown.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,147 Views)

Wow!  This is the first I've heard of cleanup breaking things and not being the result of cleanup going nutzo because of a humongous BD.  Congrats on breaking the tool.  😄

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,109 Views)

@billko wrote:

Wow!  This is the first I've heard of cleanup breaking things and not being the result of cleanup going nutzo because of a humongous BD.  Congrats on breaking the tool.  😄

That's nothing.  Open the attached VI, select just the inner structure, then click cleanup.  It crashes LabVIEW completely.

Crash on cleanup.png

Works with any two structures, any variable type.  The important thing is 2 nested structures, a comment in the middle, pointed at a terminal, then just select the inner structure for cleanup.

(Already submitted to NI, BTW...)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,086 Views)