LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Server Generic Type Duplicate

I was digging in my variant parsing library and stumbled upon 2 type def enumerations with identical strings.

VariantType.lvlib:VI Server Generic Type.ctl

NI_Data Type.lvlib:VI Server Generic Type.ctl

Anyone care to comment or explain?

2021-04-03_16-09-12.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(1,162 Views)

Hello jacemdom,

May I know where are located since I couldn't find them?

Best Regards,

Edgar Umrikyan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(1,062 Views)

I only see the second one.  LV 2018.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(1,047 Views)

Could it be that one of them came from the "hidden gems" area?  I think that previously these VIs were part of that?  Like until around LV 2015?

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(1,044 Views)

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\Utility\VariantDataType\VI Server Generic Type.ctl

C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2020\vi.lib\Utility\Data Type\Type Definitions\VI Server Generic Type.ctl

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(1,036 Views)

Hello jacemdom,

I hope you are well and safe!

I would like to inform you that the main difference between these two is that they are in separate places.

Why? Since they are used in different lvlibs' and for good file management, they are in these two places. So, these two controls (ctl) are the same, just located in a different place.

Best Regards,

Edgar Umrikyan

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(978 Views)