LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VI Scripting: Setting Dirty Dot

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a VI scripting VI that generates a new VI, but does not save it to disc. I noticed that the newly VI created VI does not have dirty dot set. So if you close the new VI, the user does not get prompted about saving the VI. Is there a way to have the new VI made "dirty"/enable the save prompt? I had looked in the Modifications properties, but those are read only.

(2,182 Views)

What version of LabVIEW are you using?

Can you share your script?

If you type control-N in LabVIEW you get an Untitled VI.  That Untitled VI does not have the dirty dot.  This seems like the expected behavior because there is nothing to save.

You could also be creating a clone of an existing VI.  This would also not have the dirty dot.

You could also be opening a template (.vit) without making a new VI from the template.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,153 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author CL_eisenwr

n.png

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 3 of 4
(2,135 Views)

Paul,
Thanks that did the trick.

Michael,
Not that I think it matters much now, but this is in LabVIEW 2019 that I had inherited from a former employee in LabVIEW 2017. (Both had this same issue.) It is creating a clone from an existing VI (not sure why not a .vit) and the modify the template to insert the specified VI into it.

Message 4 of 4
(2,124 Views)