LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VCRUNTIME140_1.dll issue?

Solved!
Go to solution

I see a weird issue. I am using Windows 10 64-bit OS.

 

I have no issues with LabVIEW 32-bit installation. When I try to open LabVIEW 64-bit, I see this issue. I have looked for common items to trouble-shoot and even did a uninstall and reinstall but this issue persists. Any thoughts on what I can try?

 

Capture.PNG


Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(5,130 Views)

I googled "vcruntime140.dll not found" and the first hit told me that it means that Visual C++ isn't installed properly.  Still weird, though.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(5,090 Views)
Solution
Accepted by winterishere8

Downloading and installing Visual Studio Runtime 2015-2019 fixed the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

 

Although, I do have to question why uninstalling and reinstalling NI bundle entirely wouldn't fix this issue. Maybe something for NIR&D  to look into?


Kudos are the best way to say thanks 🙂
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(5,054 Views)

@winterishere8 wrote:

Downloading and installing Visual Studio Runtime 2015-2019 fixed the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

 

Although, I do have to question why uninstalling and reinstalling NI bundle entirely wouldn't fix this issue. Maybe something for NIR&D  to look into?


That's EXACTLY why I said it was still weird.  🙂

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(5,039 Views)

@winterishere8 wrote:

Downloading and installing Visual Studio Runtime 2015-2019 fixed the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

 

Although, I do have to question why uninstalling and reinstalling NI bundle entirely wouldn't fix this issue. Maybe something for NIR&D  to look into?


There is a 32 bit and 64 bit download. Which version does LV 2017 require? Specifically with the nieserver.exe, that is what is cause the error on my system.

2021_08_24_13_16_45_NIEServer.exe error vc runtime.jpg

 

 

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,266 Views)

@TeraTech wrote:

@winterishere8 wrote:

Downloading and installing Visual Studio Runtime 2015-2019 fixed the issue.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977003/the-latest-supported-visual-c-downloads

 

Although, I do have to question why uninstalling and reinstalling NI bundle entirely wouldn't fix this issue. Maybe something for NIR&D  to look into?


There is a 32 bit and 64 bit download. Which version does LV 2017 require? Specifically with the nieserver.exe, that is what is cause the error on my system.

2021_08_24_13_16_45_NIEServer.exe error vc runtime.jpg

 

 


The bitness of the dll needs to be the same as the bitness of the LabVIEW install, not the version.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,258 Views)

@billko wrote:

The bitness of the dll needs to be the same as the bitness of the LabVIEW install, not the version.


Hmm, that's what I would have suspected but I thought I'd ask because I read somewhere that different parts of LV are written in different bitness? I have LV2017 32bit so I installed vc_redist.x86.exe , rebooted and that did not solve the problem.  I then installed vc_redist.x64.exe, rebooted and that seems to have fixed the problem.  I was getting the message upon startup and now I am not.

^TeraTech.

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Check out this lengthy post of mostly complaints)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,254 Views)

@TeraTech wrote:

@billko wrote:

The bitness of the dll needs to be the same as the bitness of the LabVIEW install, not the version.


Hmm, that's what I would have suspected but I thought I'd ask because I read somewhere that different parts of LV are written in different bitness? I have LV2017 32bit so I installed vc_redist.x86.exe , rebooted and that did not solve the problem.  I then installed vc_redist.x64.exe, rebooted and that seems to have fixed the problem.  I was getting the message upon startup and now I am not.


As the program name in your error box said, it is nierserver.exe. Not exactly sure but this is probably the NI Error Reporting engine that starts up automatically when you login and such background tasks are often running in the same bitness than the OS on which they are getting installed. It doesn't really matter for the bitness of LabVIEW, since a LabVIEW process is communicating with this engine only through interprocess communication, so both 32-bit and 64-bit LabVIEW can use the same Error Reporting engine (and LabWindows/CVI and whatever other NI software may want to make use of that feature).

 

That the according installer doesn't install the Visual C Runtime library (properly) is a bug but a weird one, because it obviously doesn't happen for most users, otherwise this forum would be full of such reports.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,239 Views)

@rolfk wrote:

@TeraTech wrote:

@billko wrote:

The bitness of the dll needs to be the same as the bitness of the LabVIEW install, not the version.


Hmm, that's what I would have suspected but I thought I'd ask because I read somewhere that different parts of LV are written in different bitness? I have LV2017 32bit so I installed vc_redist.x86.exe , rebooted and that did not solve the problem.  I then installed vc_redist.x64.exe, rebooted and that seems to have fixed the problem.  I was getting the message upon startup and now I am not.


As the program name in your error box said, it is nierserver.exe. Not exactly sure but this is probably the NI Error Reporting engine that starts up automatically when you login and such background tasks are often running in the same bitness than the OS on which they are getting installed. It doesn't really matter for the bitness of LabVIEW, since a LabVIEW process is communicating with this engine only through interprocess communication, so both 32-bit and 64-bit LabVIEW can use the same Error Reporting engine (and LabWindows/CVI and whatever other NI software may want to make use of that feature).

 

That the according installer doesn't install the Visual C Runtime library (properly) is a bug but a weird one, because it obviously doesn't happen for most users, otherwise this forum would be full of such reports.


Oh, so what you are saying is that this is actually external to LabVIEW (so it doesn't really matter about the bitness).  Thanks!

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,232 Views)