LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using two different VISA functions on build application

Hello
I have developed an application that communicates with instruments.
One instrument is GPIB, and my application communicates with this through a gateway, so Agilent VISA libraries are installed as primary, to perform this.
Another instrument is USB. When I build the application (.exe) the communication with this instrument is lost.
Does anybody know what is happening?
Thanks you all
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,175 Views)
Hi Ester,

When you build your executable, you may need to configure the serial port as part of yuor build.

Under "Build Application or Shared DLL", go into "Installer Settings", select "Advanced".

You may have to select "Serial Port Support" and /or "Port IO Support".

Then build.

Hope this helps.

-JLV-
Message 2 of 3
(2,175 Views)
I think I remember a case were Agilent's VISA does not pass USB resources to NI-VISA correctly or they were handling some part of the USB code incorrectly. If possible, I would suggest uninstalling the Agilent VISA driver and just use the NI-VISA 3.2 or higher driver. The NI-VISA driver can handle both the GPIB and the USB and even Agilent driver calls. Just open up Measurement & Automation Explorer and go to Software-> NI-VISA-> General Settings-> Passports and enable the Tulip passport. This should allow the NI-VISA driver to pass any Agilent specific commands to the Agilent Tulip driver. If this doesn't work or if this isn't an option for you try to upgrade the Agilent VISA to see if they have a fix for it yet.

-Josh
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,175 Views)