LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using tab control to login into remote panel

Solved!
Go to solution

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-7746;jsessionid=82a40f1930d65e9a085c08dd4b26b8dea4b8c3d579a7...

I am using the idea in the link as a way to password protect a remote panel. However, there is a problem. After one user logs in, if a second user connects while the first user is logged in, then the second user automatically gets access without having to log in. Does any one have any ideas to force the second (and other additional users) to log in before they can get access? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,827 Views)

If they're all accessing the same remote panel, then the current state of the remote panel is what they will all see because that's the state of the VI itself on the remote system.

How are the users accessing the remote panel? If it's through your own local VI, then you could have them log in there?

Maybe the Advanced Programmatic option here could work for you.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,814 Views)

How are the users accessing the remote panel? If it's through your own local VI, then you could have them log in there?

Uh, not sure. This is my first experience with remote panels. I have an address that you put in a browser address bar when the VI is running on the Server computer and that's how you connect. Is that what you mean?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,801 Views)

Maybe the Advanced Programmatic option here could work for you.

Yeah that's where I found the idea. Maybe I can try a different option if the one I have now doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,800 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author msiwk

Ooooo, look what I found.

Try setting up the VI as reentrant and then see what happens when multiple people try to log in. I didn't know this was possible with remote panels. This looks like exactly what you need (unless you want the screens to all match once they log in...)

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 5 of 5
(3,776 Views)