LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using comparison operators to solve several different mathematical expressions is not clear

Though I found LabVIEW very interesting , still some of its basic fundamentals are not clear, like using comparison operators (>,<,..) for solving different

mathematical expressions. Please give example showing how to use such operators in advanced mathematical problems.

Best Regards,

Allawi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,420 Views)

Open the example finder (help...find examples) and look e.g. at the example named "Greater - Various uses.vi"

Please aks again if anything is not clear.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,417 Views)

The Greater-Various Uses.vi example shows how the function operating with different types of data. What I am looking for is how to use such functions

in selecting different mathematical expressions i.e..(working like logical if statement).

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,410 Views)

@allawi1 wrote:

What I am looking for is how to use such functions in selecting different mathematical expressions i.e..(working like logical if statement).

You need to be more specific. A comparison operation IS like a logical IF statement and the result is either TRUE or FALSE.

What do you mean by a "mathematical expression"? What do you mean by "different"? Can you give an illustrative example?

If two alternative mathematical expressions should depend on the comparison, wire the comparison output to a case structure and place the two different expressions in their own case, for example.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,404 Views)

The following is what I mean:-

If X >= CONSTANT then solve EQUATION 1  else solve EQUATION 2.

Please construct a block diagram for this simple IF "logical" statement using comparisons functions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,389 Views)

Have you worked through the on-line tutorials for LabVIEW? Your question is very elementary and should be covered by those tutorials.

Lynn

Comparisons.png

Message 6 of 6
(2,383 Views)