LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using clusters to carry queue

Hi All,

A quick question for you, I have a number of queues/notifiers which carry different information to roughly the same place.  In order to try and clean up my code a bit I have created a cluster that carries the different queues/notifiers, I am then using the cluster to carry the queues around.

Is there any reason why this wouldn't work?!

I have included a very rough example of the sort of thing I am trying to achieve to help everyone understand.

Cheers,

Dom

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,537 Views)

I use that approach most of the time. It should work for you.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,530 Views)

I think this strategy is a good idea.  I suggest making the cluster into a type-def.  This will allow you to add or remove queues in your cluster without having to rewrite each subVI that uses the cluster.

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,517 Views)

Cheers guys,

I have already made the cluster into a type def.

Glad to know I am starting to think in the right way.  My general approach now is that anything which looks like spaghetti junction is done wrong!

Cheers again guys,

Dom

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,498 Views)

...and taking the next step...

It is not unusual to find that I carry those refs around in an Action Engine that I have come to call a GUI controller.

If you have not reviewed the thread on Action Engines then take a look here. There where many good comments by the community (see Jim Krings mention of wrappers) and in post # 62 of that thread I mention the GUI controllers.

Have fun,

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,484 Views)