From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Two Different Targets Simultaneously

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello, to give the short version of my question: is to possible for a project to run two different targets simultaneously? (Specifically a MyRio and the Computer itself) and share data between the two?

A little backstory: I am trying to make a thermal camera work with Labview, and it works fine when the VI is executed without a MyRio as the target. However, if I try to run it after I set MyRio as my target, this error occurs: "LabVIEW:  Failed to load shared library Advapi32.dll:RegQueryValueExA:C . Ensure that the library is present on the RT target. Use either MAX to install NI software or FTP to transfer custom libraries to the RT target."

I researched this error, and it seems like it would be difficult to solve being that I am using a third party VI. So instead of going that route, I was wondering if there any way I could run a VI not on the MyRio, and one on the MyRio simultaneously and exchange data between the two. I tried using global variables but it didn't seem to work. Any sort of solution would be appreciated, thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,391 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gookman

Although this thread is in the Academic subforums, you might find it helpful - it describes communication between RIO and (Desktop) Computer:  How to run code and communicate between computer and myRIO?

It links to this developers guide for cRIO devices: Full cRIO Dev Guide.pdf

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,379 Views)

Thanks, that seems to be doing the trick, even though its not working 100%. I think its a matter of tweaking the VI a little bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,323 Views)