From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Text File Data to Plot out a histogram

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi professionals of NI,

I have a text file data attached with 3 columns of data and I would like to plot it out with a histogram.

Unfortunately, the create histogram data doesn't let me extract out the values I would like to plot it out...

I have viewed from some of the older threads on how to do it, sadly it was a very long thread and the Vis, images were corrupted.

Does anyone have a great solutions for this....? Really appreciate it! 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,217 Views)

Hi Lexen,

Unfortunately, the create histogram data doesn't let me extract out the values I would like to plot it out...

Do you mind to explain HOW you want those data to be plotted?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,197 Views)

Hi there Dark Knight,

Thanks for the response. As shown from the graph I have to make out something like this.

As for "plot it out" meaning I think it would be when I load the test file into the file path, the list of 3 columns would show out in the graph say C will the red color, G will be blue and D in green....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,193 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LexenZ

Hi Lexen,

no need to use ExpressVIs:

check.png

I used the simple Histogram function, there is an advanced one where you can provide more parameters. And I used LV2011, so the ReadSpreadsheetFile function looks different to the one in recent LabVIEW versions.

in the graph say C will the red color, G will be blue and D in green....

I don't know what CGD means, but changing plot properties should be easy enough!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(3,188 Views)

Dear Dark Knight,

Omg your such a godsend, I have managed to work it out and did it as shown! 

Thank you so much! 

I have another issue I am not sure if I should post it here or create another post again? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,183 Views)