cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Text File Data to Plot out a histogram

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi professionals of NI,

I have a text file data attached with 3 columns of data and I would like to plot it out with a histogram.

Unfortunately, the create histogram data doesn't let me extract out the values I would like to plot it out...

I have viewed from some of the older threads on how to do it, sadly it was a very long thread and the Vis, images were corrupted.

Does anyone have a great solutions for this....? Really appreciate it! 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,187 Views)

Hi Lexen,

Unfortunately, the create histogram data doesn't let me extract out the values I would like to plot it out...

Do you mind to explain HOW you want those data to be plotted?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,167 Views)

Hi there Dark Knight,

Thanks for the response. As shown from the graph I have to make out something like this.

As for "plot it out" meaning I think it would be when I load the test file into the file path, the list of 3 columns would show out in the graph say C will the red color, G will be blue and D in green....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,163 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author LexenZ

Hi Lexen,

no need to use ExpressVIs:

check.png

I used the simple Histogram function, there is an advanced one where you can provide more parameters. And I used LV2011, so the ReadSpreadsheetFile function looks different to the one in recent LabVIEW versions.

in the graph say C will the red color, G will be blue and D in green....

I don't know what CGD means, but changing plot properties should be easy enough!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(3,158 Views)

Dear Dark Knight,

Omg your such a godsend, I have managed to work it out and did it as shown! 

Thank you so much! 

I have another issue I am not sure if I should post it here or create another post again? 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,153 Views)