From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using OPC Server with Labview 2010 Evaluation Version

Hi there,

I'm busy to test Labview 8.2.1 projects in Labview 2010.

I want to know if everything works properly before I'm going to switch to Labview 2010.

I want to make a connection with an OPC Server.

But when I want to add a new OPC Server it isn't possible to choose a server type.

Normally it's possible to choose OPC.

Isn't it possible to make connection in the evaluation version of Labview 2010?

If so, is there a possibilty to download a version that is not a evaluation version or an other possibility to test all the functionallity.

Ik hope to hear soon of some of you.

Greetz,

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,578 Views)

Dear Kenny,

thank you so much for your post on our webforum.  Do you have the 2010 Data logging and Supervisory Control (DSC) module installed? This option comes with this module.

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,528 Views)

Dear Martijn,

I did install the DSC Module for Labview 2010.

But still it's not possible to select an OPC server.

Normally there is a possibility to select a server type, such as Modbus or OPC etc. etc.

But this is not possible now.

Any idea wat the problem can be?

Regards,

Kenny

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,525 Views)

Dear Kenny,

can you try to repair the DSC module? Please go to add / remove programs; chose National Instruments software from the software list and try to repair the DSC module here. If that doesn't work do you have the DSC option available under the tools menu? Can you find the DSC examples in the example finder (browse tab; toolkit and modules)?

Best regards,

Martijn S
Applications Engineer
NI Netherlands
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,515 Views)