LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor does not move to the last points along the X-axis

I have a plot on an XY graph filled with a lot of points and two cursors that are set to snap to the plot.The problem I now have is that if I want to put one of the cursors at the very end of the plot the cursor will stop too early. The reason seems to be that the cursor does not relate to the actual data points in the graph - but the points that have been rendered visible with the current size of the graph control.

If I extend the length of the graph it gets more space to draw points and the cursor is allowed to move a bit closer to what is the actual latest point (which the X-scale correctly indicates the time stamp of). Is this a bug, or the intended behaviour?

Would it not be better if the cursor related itself to the actual data points in the memory of the graph that are within the currently shown X-scale range, and not be restricted by what is rendered? It would then detect that the user is still dragging the cursor towards the end of the scale range and keep on scrolling between the points.

cursor restricted.PNG

Here's an example where the cursor is unable to move any further than 09:24:21, even though the last point of the graph is in fact at 09:24:48 (and there are multiple points between those two times as well).

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,890 Views)

Hi,

I think that it's a "problem" of optimization : Labview may decrease the number of points selectables accordingly to the zoom level : If you have 10^1000 points, that has no sense to imagine selecting a precise point. But if you zoom on a part, you can see each points, and select the one you want...

Hi,

Regards,

V-F
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,882 Views)