From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ModelSupport2.dll in LabView without TestStand

I would like to use the ModelSupport2.dll purely in a LabVIEW environment as either by a "Call Library Function Node" or "Active X" or ".NET" without using TestStand.

In particular I would utilize the the "DisplayPassBanner" and "DisplayFailBanner" functions. I want the banner pop-up's so I can provide a consistency between applications that don't use TestStand and those that do.

The DLL call requires a numeric input "context" which I am not sure what it needs for a reference number.

In teststand it is passed an "Object", "CVI Active X Automation Handle", "By Value" from the "ThisContext"

How replicate this or create equivalent in LabVIEW

Any suggestions appreciated

A
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,629 Views)

In addition this is in LabVIEW 8.5.1

A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,623 Views)

A,

if you are looking into the sources of ModelSupport2.dll (the sources are included as LabWindows/CVI project and the needed C files), you will see that the display banner functions do access the object referenced by the parameter 'context'. The context is a reference to the dataset of a running TestStand execution when called from the TestStand process model.

So it will not be possible to use those functions if you are not going to use TestStand/running an actual sequence.

There are, however, two ways you can go for:

a) Design a LV VI dialog such way that it looks like one of the banner and call it as a subVI.

b) Use the LabWindows/CVI sources of ModelSupport2.dll to copy the banner dialogs into a new CVI project (from modelpanels.uir) and create similar functions into a custom written dll which do not require the ActiveX handle 'context' to be passed.....

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,621 Views)

This is what I thought, thanks for the suggestions.

A
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,613 Views)