LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using ModelSupport2.dll in LabView without TestStand

I would like to use the ModelSupport2.dll purely in a LabVIEW environment as either by a "Call Library Function Node" or "Active X" or ".NET" without using TestStand.

In particular I would utilize the the "DisplayPassBanner" and "DisplayFailBanner" functions. I want the banner pop-up's so I can provide a consistency between applications that don't use TestStand and those that do.

The DLL call requires a numeric input "context" which I am not sure what it needs for a reference number.

In teststand it is passed an "Object", "CVI Active X Automation Handle", "By Value" from the "ThisContext"

How replicate this or create equivalent in LabVIEW

Any suggestions appreciated

A
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,640 Views)

In addition this is in LabVIEW 8.5.1

A
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,634 Views)

A,

if you are looking into the sources of ModelSupport2.dll (the sources are included as LabWindows/CVI project and the needed C files), you will see that the display banner functions do access the object referenced by the parameter 'context'. The context is a reference to the dataset of a running TestStand execution when called from the TestStand process model.

So it will not be possible to use those functions if you are not going to use TestStand/running an actual sequence.

There are, however, two ways you can go for:

a) Design a LV VI dialog such way that it looks like one of the banner and call it as a subVI.

b) Use the LabWindows/CVI sources of ModelSupport2.dll to copy the banner dialogs into a new CVI project (from modelpanels.uir) and create similar functions into a custom written dll which do not require the ActiveX handle 'context' to be passed.....

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,632 Views)

This is what I thought, thanks for the suggestions.

A
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,624 Views)