LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using MS Word Doc Labview over writes bookmark. How do you write to MS Bookmark without replacing bookmark?

I have a write text.vi that finds bookmarks in a MS Word Doc and adds test results to word doc.  It is replacing the bookmark with text.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,  Greg

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,263 Views)
Can you post your VI so we can see how you are doing it now?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,253 Views)

The Reset Pin Feeds Write Text Vi.  This principle was developed by previous employees who no longer work here. It is based on 6 or more programs.  I added the bookmark to the ATP doc.  I understand it might be an issue with MS Word Doc not the Vis.

Greg
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,240 Views)

Aside from the rest of the application, at any point are you using the Automation Open VI?

I could make your subVI work by itself by placing an Automation Open and also wiring the GoTo reference to the last property node in your VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,233 Views)
I realized I may have misread the forum post.  Are you having trouble writing to the bookmark or is the VI overwriting the bookmark so that it's unusable?
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,231 Views)

The problem turned out to be a buried "Copy File" Command. Earlier in the code, it copied the Word File from location x to Pre_ATP.doc.  The Source file was wrong so the bookmark was never there to begin with. What I observed was after the copy command.  Thus the book mark looked like it was over written when it was not even there.  I keep adding the bookmark to the PRE_ATP.doc which was copied over by the copy comannd.

Thanks

Greg

Greg
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,226 Views)