From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LVDLLStatus

Dear colleague LabView developers. I want to rise an old issue. Old, means I could not find anything about it other than years old comments, none of them covering my question.

It is about generating a DLL in LabView and how to use it in C++ (Visual Studio 2013).

My first question is actually if the approach using a DLL from LabView is a useful one.

LabView is my native language and many complicated tasks I can solve well in LabView.

However, now I need to use C++ and I would like to use my LabView work which already proved to work well.

I have gone through the first steps building a simple DLL from LabView (doing nothing but using the labview always generated

LVDLLStatus function) and using it in a simple C++ program already raises a problem. A crashing DLL.

After compiling, linking and running the simple C++ programming with the Visual Studio C++ debugger, it simply stops after the one and only function LVDLLStatus with exceptions.

First-chance exception at 0x7574C42D in Static_Crash.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: LVExcept at memory location 0x028CE028.

First-chance exception at 0x7574C42D in Static_Crash.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: [rethrow] at memory location 0x00000000.

Does this ring a bell to anyone?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Dirk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,571 Views)

Can you post your C++ code? Are you sure you're passing valid values to LVDLLStatus? Do you need to call LVDLLStatus at all?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,545 Views)