LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using LV2009 to produce EXEs for Runtime Engine 8.6

Hi,

I am currently running LabVIEW version 8.6.  However, having purchased this less than a year ago, I think I am eligible to upgrade to v2009 for free.

At the moment, if I produce an EXE file using the Application Builder, my colleagues are able to run this on their machines using the LabVIEW Runtime Engine version 8.6.

If I upgrade to LabVIEW 2009, will all my colleagues who use the runtime engine also have to upgrade to the Runtime Engine 2009, or will I have the option to build an EXE file that is compatible with version 8.6 of the Runtime Engine.

Many Thanks,

Dan

Dan
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,033 Views)

There are no option for build "8.6" compatible application from LabVIEW 2009 (other than save for 8.6 and build in 8.6).

For LabVIEW 2009 - builded application you will need according version of the Run-Time Engine.

Important point, that Run-Time Engine version 2009 will not replace version 8.6. It means, if you have PC where Run-Time 8.6 installed, and after that on this PC you will install Run-Time 2009, then you can run both 8.6 and 2009 - builded applications.

Andrey.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,027 Views)