Can anyone tell me where I could find information on using GOOP with
LabVIEW.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,756 Views)
Hi,

Check out this link:
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/conceptd.nsf/2d17d611efb58b22862567a9006ffe76/5d7db42c91f392fc86256aae00463d78?OpenDocument

Hope this will help exploring how powerful GOOP really is.

Best regards,
Mattias Ericsson
Endevo, Sweden
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,756 Views)
Hello Mattiasa, I have been playing and looking at Goop for the past five days. I have a clue what it does because I'm a java guys. Besically every thing in there is OOP. I wonder if you guys have any sample vi that you wrote using goop with hardware initialization in there. the note 143 does not reveal the hardware part. Do you know how to initialize them things here--AI/AO,DIO with GOOP?

Thx,
Manno
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,756 Views)
Hello Mattias, I desperately need some help with communicating my hardware using GOOP. I create all the objects that I need but I can't communicate with my daq board beside using the conventional way. For instance I created a Lamp object that has a turn NO method and turn Off method. Where do I encapsulate the hardware part to do what I want when the functions are being called? a sample vi will be very helpful.

Thx.
Manno
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,756 Views)
Hi Manno!

I see that you tried to get an answer from me. Sorry that I didn't see your question before. Don't no exactly how to solve your problem because I do completly understand your situation. Normally the initialization of hardware could be place in the constructor (the Create method). In a DAQ case you could put a DAQ configure VI (from the advanced palett) in the Create method with your specific lamp configuration. Place a attribute in the class to store the TaskID and set this in the Create method. In every method that needs to use DAQ resources, use the GetData method to access the attributes and pick out the TaskID and then configure the DAQ to fit the method and perform its task.

I don't no if this help you, but it is ha
rd to help when I don't see your specific code. I attach a very simple class example with DAQ.

Best regards,
Mattias Ericsson
Endevo Sweden
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,756 Views)
Hello Mattias, thanks for the quick repply to my posted. I see what you said it did exactly what was expected. But what I really wanted to do is create an board object with properties and methods. That way I don't have to deal with any errors when the board changed. All I have to do is simplify my board object and I will ready to roll.
In the143 note on the net, they talk about the concept but the detail behind it was not abvious.
Anyway, thanks a lot your suggestion was a plus to what I had.

Manno
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,756 Views)