LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User login

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone 🙂 I did this VI, it works really well when I write an user and password, but If I left blank USUARIO and CONTRASENA it works too, someone can help me to do that if I left it blank It wont work.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,262 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author cesarjr.1991

Hi Cesar, I attached the modified VI which solves you commented, I did a couple of mods to make more readable the VI, I hope this help you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,217 Views)

Thanks man! 😄 It works really well 😄 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,213 Views)

In the future you might not want to upload unnecessary huge VI files with your logo plastered all over it.

That being said security can be very difficult thing to do right.  On the surface the user enters a string and we compare it to another string, and if it is equal we do stuff if it isn't we don't.

But what about adding and removing users?  What about changing or forgetting passwords?  Minimum password length?  Using special characters? Forcing password change every 6 months?  Where and how are the passwords stored?  Are they secure?

For these reasons I suggest real systems rely on Windows credentials, and be under domain control.  Rather than write software that has user management, just ask Windows what privlages the current user has and enable features based on the domain groups that user is a part of.

NI also has the DSC toolkit which has user login.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,090 Views)