LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use interactive grid to control XY motorised stage movement

Hi all,

Very new to Labview so as with all learning processes, i've decided to set a ridiculously ambitious task for my first real Labview outing Smiley Tongue

I'm trying to create an interactive grid that will do 2 things:

1) Act as a coordinate system for a motorized stage. The front panel has a grid of images, the size of which corresponds to the field of view of a high mag (40X) microscope objective lens (let's say it's approximately 250x250micrometers). The user double-clicks on a section of the grid and the stage moves from its current position to this new position - the Labview code for controlling the stage was written elsewhere (by someone much smarter than me i hasten to add) and seems to work ok, so I think it would just be a matter of passing the correct coordinates to that code block and have it execute the movement.

2) Upload a widefield image (taken from a low mag (2.5-5X) objective lens that displays on the grid, so the user can see the bounds of the sample on the stage as a reference. (this is lower priority)

I saw this link earlier and thought the array of pictures was a good start. I made an array of clusters corresponding with X and Y coordinates (the central block on the grid being HOME or (0,0), but i'm not sure how I would associate the coordinates with each element in the array.

Any ideas would be really helpful

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,994 Views)

Spend a week with the LabVIEW Tutorials.  Write as many Example VIs from the Tutorials as you can.  If you can find a LabVIEW Guru to whom you can apprentice yourself for this week, it will go much faster and easier.

If you had done this, and had shown some basic ability in writing simple LabVIEW routines, I might suggest that you see if your Guru is familiar with LabVIEW Vision (you might need another Guru -- Vision is a little arcane, even for LabVIEW).  Am I correct that you want to start with a low-power Image of your specimen, then use your VI to position the Stage over a particular (small) region for the high-power View?  What I'd suggest is that you display the low-power Image, create a Region of Interest (ROI) whose size corresponds to the size of the View appropriate for the Lens (hence might change as you change objective power) and whose position corresponds to the position of the stage.  You could have four Boolean push-button controls to move the Stage (and the ROI) up, down, right, left.

Don't try this yourself before learning Basic LabVIEW!  Find a local Guru!

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 3
(1,965 Views)

Hi Oldbhoy

Andreas from NI here. 

I agree with Bob, this is way to ambitious for a new LabVIEW user, and do try to spend some time learning the basics first. 

If you'd like i could recommend some tutorials to you, but without knowing your level of knowledge i wouldn't know what to send. 

Also i can recommend some courses if you have access to those, either Online(much cheaper) or at one of our offices. 

Let me know if you want me to recommend some tutorials.

Regards 

Andreas 

There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions

Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,950 Views)