From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use RT Communication Wizard to build application for PDA

Hi,

I am wondering if the RT Communication Wizard can be used to build the Host, NPL and TCL VIs for PDA touch screen pocket PC model NP 606S.
I am familiar with using RT Communication Wizard to build RT set of VIs for communication between PC and cFP-2020 field point.
Now I need to go step further and develop the similar VIs, one VI (NPL along TCL) that will run on the RT Target (my field point) and Host VI that I will compile and run from PDA (NP 606S). I am using cross-over Ethernet cable (TCP communication).

If this is possible to do, are there any special instructions (rules) to complete the process properly.

Thanks in advance,
Peja
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,306 Views)
I don't use the RT comm wizard, but after generating a small sample program, my answer would be yes. The RT part is only on the RT side. Programs written using the PDA module use the TCP VIs just like regular programs and I have used them to talk with a FP, so it should work. You should keep in mind that the display on PDAs is limited (no clusters, no arrays and so on). Since, according to this, the NP 606s isn't a PDA, it's possible it will be able to display them (although I doubt it).

(2,298 Views)