LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use ActiveX in LabVIEW to set variable with Greek letters in MathCAD

I am using LabVIEW to set (and get) values to variables in MathCAD using ActiveX. In MathCAD we would like to be able to use Greek letters to name some of the variables. I can't find any way to send a string containing the Greek letter code from LabVIEW to MathCAD to get or set those variables. The problem seems to stem from the fact that the strings (for the variable name) are U8 in LabVIEW and thus don't allow access to the higher asci codes that are used in MathCAD for Greek letters.
Is there a way around this or do I need to ban Greek letters for variable names in MathCAD?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,968 Views)
I was able to use type cast to change a mu into a U8 and then was able to type cast it back to a string.  Would this work for what you are trying to do?
David_B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,938 Views)
The ANSI value for alpha in MathCAD is 945. Any value greater than 255 will simply wrap around again when it is assigned back to a string. I understand from a MathCAD forum that as of MathCAD 14 there might not be a way to set or get the value of variables that have Greek letters in their names.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,936 Views)
Yes, I see what you are saying.  If you have a U8 limitation then this won't work.
David_B
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,916 Views)