LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Waveform Chart Programatically in Cluster

I think this problem has been seen before. Can anyone point me to a listing in a known bug list? 

I have attached some code which demonstrates the problem. When updating a waveform chart in a cluster using a property node inside a sub-vi it doesnt update.

Thanks!

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,728 Views)

Bonjour niNickC,

C'est très simple et ce n'est pas un bug.

Tu as câblé la référence de ton cluster à ton property node change value et tu lui envoie une waveform. Alors qu'il attend un Cluster contenant une waveform.

Il aurait fallu connecter directement la référence de ton graph au property node.

Cela dit, passer par une référence n'est pas une bonne solution pour transmettre des données entre VIs. Tu pourrais par exemple utiliser une variable.

Il y a une page écrite par Luc Desruelle qui en parle bien.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/blogs/Luc_Desruelle/2014/02/12/histoire-des-fgv--functional-global-va...

Bon Courage.

Sabri JATLAOUI - Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,718 Views)

Hi niNickC,

Sorry, forgot my english 🙂

It's very simple and it's not a bug.

You reference a cluster to your property node and you send him a waveform as value.

You should reference a waveform graph instead.

Beside, a ref isn't a good way to send data between VI you should use variable like FGV.

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,715 Views)

I appreciate this is not a 'good' way to solve this problem but is the behaviour seen in the attached VI expected?

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,712 Views)
Yes, as i explain you don't sens the correct type of data. It expect à cluster With à waveform inside and you send a waveform
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,707 Views)

I don't understand what you are suggesting. There is no coercion in the example VI. There are no waveform types anywhere. The cluster simply contains one double numeric:

Cluster.png
and this is what is bundled in the sub-VI:
Bundle.PNG

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,694 Views)

Nick,

I do see your issue, and I agree that it is puzzling why it does not work.  If you do it directly in the same manner with the indicator, it works just like you expect.  It will also work by reference if you reference the waveform chart directly instead of the cluster.

You can post it here if you want:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/BreakPoint/Monthly-Bugs-April-2016/td-p/3275572

I think only NI has a master list, and they only publish what they fix (unless you find a CAR referenced in a thread here.

Matthew

Message 7 of 11
(3,680 Views)

My bad, thought you use a build waveform function.

It coul be a bug as if you replace chart by num display it update correctly.

It worked if you get object reference of you cluster and send value into the first ref (chart).

Regards.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(3,676 Views)

Hi niNickC,

Strange fact it worked if you do the following.

niNickC.PNG

You should create a CAR.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(3,651 Views)

Hello all

I also have this issue, made slightly more complex as I have an array of clusters. I have attached a screenshot of the code. My cycle count, missed cycles, state etc. updates successfully for all stations (cluster refnums) in the array. The data is being passed to the waveform chart (I have probed this) but the graph is not plotting. Does anyone know if a CAR was raised or if there is another workaround different to the one Sabri has posted earlier in this thread?

Thanks

Ray

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(3,463 Views)