LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update latest waveform of waveform array in graph

Dear GerdW,

- Why do you need to search for the changed array element when you already know which one gets replaced/changed in the case structure???

You are right! I already have the last updated waveform, so I just have to print it out.

@GerdW

- Why do you need to convert the boolean array to an integer array? You can also search a boolean array for a TRUE constant!!!

I convert to integer to find the sum of array and wire it to the second case structure. I cannot wire a boolean array to the case structure.

@GerdW

Which is overly complicated!

My solution is for assuming that I don't know what is the last updated waveform. Because in this VI, I know the waveform in advance so it does not present exactly what I want. That why I think the problem in this VI is trivial.

In your "original" problem you also know which part of your array gets changed: you calculate a (random) position in the left part of your while loop…

But how to extract only the last changed row? In this case the updated row is calculated from the beginning, not from the existed row. Also, the get variant function give me the ordered result so I only get the row corresponding to the largest position, not the last changed one.

Thank you!

Micheal

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 13
(259 Views)

Dear GerdW,

In your "original" problem you also know which part of your array gets changed: you calculate a (random) position in the left part of your while loop…

From your suggestion, I found a solution for my problem in the attached file. Is it efficient enough?

Thank you so much!

Micheal

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 13
(253 Views)

Hi Micheal,

Is it efficient enough?

I don't know. What are your requirements?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 13
(250 Views)