LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsure what type (variant) to wire into Datasocket read for a waveform.

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi

I've an accelerometer attached to a NI USB-6008 and I'm trying to send the readings taken with it over datasocket server, (see attached files).  I'm unsure what information and variables are needed to be wired in to the type (variant) of the data socket read vi in order for it to display the information on a waveform chart.

The accelerometer is just passing out an analogue voltage.

Any help appreciated.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,633 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ultramar

Hi Ultramar,

As Datasocket was released before the Dynamic Data Type was created, it does not have full support for this data type. There is an easy fix you can apply, which converts the DDT to a 1D array of waveforms. The attached VIs (in the zip file) will show you how to do this.

You also need to add an item called "test" to the Datasocket server manager, I have included a settings file you can import from the DS Server Manager.

Finally you need to run the DS Server and you will get communication.

I would state that the 6008 is not the best card to read acccelerometer values, but the steps above will allow you to send the data. You will need to change the physical channel of the DAQ device in the DS publisher.vi as I modified the DAQ assistan to work with my computer setup.

Regards
JamesC
NIUK and Ireland

It only takes a second to rate an answer 🙂

Message 2 of 3
(2,590 Views)

Thanks James is what I needed to know.

Is a uni project so stuck with the 6008 for the time being.

Cheers again. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,560 Views)