LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unsupported operating system detected LabVIEW 2018

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to program a cRIO-9081 on a Windows 10 computer using LabVIEW 2018 and the Xilinx Compilation Tool - ISE 14.7 for LabVIEW 2018.  I get an unsupported operating system detected.  Looking at past Post it looks like the Windows 10 is not supported.

Is this still the case and will it every not be.  My company is forcing every computer to Windows 10.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,582 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Paul_Knight_Lockheed_Mart

Your device is legacy (see here and the links in the page).

Can you use the NI cloud compile?

Long ago I once installed a window 7 VM (under virtualbox) and was able to use it as compile server from the host PC.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,557 Views)

I was able to keep my old laptop and configure the new laptop to use it as a localhost compile server.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,536 Views)

This issue was already addressed in a different Forum Post.  In short, there is a way to get the ISE tools to work in Windows 10.  Search for the Post: Labview FPGA Module and Windows 10, or follow the link below.

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-FPGA-Module-and-Windows-10/td-p/3175937

Not all of us reside on a network that will allow us to interface with the the NI cloud compile service, nor can we keep an old Windows 7 machine around (sometimes I wonder if IT is really there to help us or hinder us)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,521 Views)