LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unnecessary Code - Directory Hierarchy in Tree Control.vi Shipping Example

Hello,

Can you guys take a look at the shipping example Directory Hierarchy in Tree Control.vi (---\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2010\examples\general\controls\Tree Control Directory.llb\Directory Hierarchy in Tree Control.vi on my machine) and let me know if you see some unnecessary code?  I see what seems to be two different updates of the same front panel control in the TRUE frame of the case structure in the middle of the diagram.  I can't think of the reason why you would need both updates of the Path to Start the Search control.  I think one of the updates would be good enough.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,375 Views)

Please post an image so all of us can play along.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,373 Views)
Message 3 of 10
(3,371 Views)

Thanks!

Agreed. Unless that ref is to another control that has the same name and exists in another VI.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,365 Views)

I don't see any reason for that either.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,362 Views)

I'm aware this thread/post is several years old but I was hoping one of you guys might be able to help me track down either the vi in this thread or something similar.  I started writing my own (vi to load dir hierarchy into a tree control) but I think I'm making it much more complicated than it needs to be...

Thanks

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,113 Views)

Hello Pat,

The Directory Hierarchy in Tree Control example is shipped with LabVIEW up through version 2013 SP1. What version of LabVIEW do you use? Do you need us to post the VI to this thread?

Please let me know!

Message 7 of 10
(3,081 Views)

http://i.imgur.com/oEIbvUQ.png

I don't know what I'm doing wrong here, I'm using 2013...  Am I missing it in this list?  I don't see it (I dont see it even with scrolling, the window isnt expandable).

thx

-pat

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,072 Views)

LV12 -> Search for keyword 'Tree' puts that example on the top of the list.

LV13,14 -> No longer found

Message 9 of 10
(3,066 Views)