From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unit missing or error returned when Project Explorer open

Hi,

I found out strange behaviour when I open VI from Project Explorer, and I don't know why is this happening.
It can be tested with files in attached archive.
When I open UnitMissingTest.vi directly from directory (Project Explorer is not opened) and run it, everything is ok,
but when I open Project Explorer first, then UnitMissingTest.vi and run it, there is no unit in waveform attributes or I get this error "Error -200378 occurred at Property Node DAQmx Scale (arg 2) in DAQmx Create Scale (Linear).vi:1->UnitMissingTest.vi", "Possible reason(s): Custom scale specified does not exist."
Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
andrej
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,418 Views)
Hello Andrej,
       Thank you for posting example code that succintly reproduced the issue.  I took a look at your code and saw the same behavior of the unit name being blank with the project explorer open.  The workaround that I found was creating a DAQmx scale in the project and using that in the VI.  I have altered the VI and the project.  Please confirm that this works on your end.  I think what might be happening is that LabVIEW is looking at the project for a custom scale and then mistakenly disregarding the scale you have in the VI.

Have a great weekend,

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,410 Views)
Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your help. I was aware of this work around before and it works. But I can not help with it because I create scale and channel interactively in application and can not be defined before because I don't know input parameters in advance.
It is annoying when I have to close Project Explorer to debug VI.

Thanks,
andrej
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,400 Views)
Andrej,

This was reported to R&D (# 4886QBZQ) for further investigation. Thanks for the feedback!

NathanT
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,392 Views)