cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode in LabVIEW?

Solved!
Go to solution

Thank you Christian_L,

Do you know maybe if exist some voice in the property node of a ring control which is useful to see unicode char not only in the selected ring voice but also in the ring menu?

As you can see in the attached image the RingText.InterpretAsUnicode make the unicode string correctly visible in the ring text but when the user click to see all voices of the menu ring here the non-unicode string are trucate them at the first character (the why is that ASCII strings converted in unicode strings are interleaved with null char, so menu ring show only the first char). The Unicode string instead are shown correctly in the menu ring.

Someone know a solution?

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 27
(3,941 Views)

One idea is to use a different set of Unicode values for the Latin characters that do not include a Null string. They only set I found is a set of 'Fullwidth' characters in the range of 0xff20-0xff60.

The following code converts a ASCII string to these full width characters. They won't look exactly the same and there are still some issues with characters such as a space, but this may be a starting point for you.

ASCII To Fullwidth Unicode.png

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

Download All
Message 12 of 27
(3,926 Views)

Hi Christian_L and evryone who's reading,

My bilangual application is properly almost working.

However I have a question:

When the application read superscript or subscript from a file, that character are not interpreted correctly and show the '?' character instead of the (super)subscript. Every returned (super)subscript character code is not unique, it is always the code of the '?' character of the Latin table.

I think it is because I have set, by the Windows control panel, the language for non Unicode programs to my desired language (Russian) and super/subscript are not in the Russian Unicode table.

It seems the same behaviour of my application when it reads text from a file with character of other languages (Chinese, Arabic, etc), is'nt it?

Have you a suggestion to correctly interpret (super)subscript text?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 27
(3,894 Views)

What type of file are you reading? What is the format of the data in the file? Can you include an example of such a file?

authored by
Christian L, CLA
Systems Engineering Manager - Automotive and Transportation
NI - Austin, TX

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 27
(3,888 Views)

The file is an excel file (.xls), however i read it as a database.

Attached there is my project for experimentation.

If you run the main VI an excel file is loaded and by the ASCII Ring you can select the different row of the file.

It's very simple.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 27
(3,876 Views)

hello,

Can you send the file with LV 2014 .

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 27
(3,847 Views)

Here is the LV14 version of my code, something in my application now differs from this example, however the problems are the same

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 27
(3,838 Views)

Would someone please back-save Christian's ring_control.vi to LV2013?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 27
(3,657 Views)

Did you want this?

Message 19 of 27
(3,643 Views)

confra82 - Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 27
(3,620 Views)