From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unexpected change with 64-bit, Windows 10, LabVIEW 2017, FTDI D2XX and solution

Solved!
Go to solution
Solution
Accepted by Kristi_Martinez

I was referring to your FT library you are using. But from looking at the code you posted it seems the handle is on the LabVIEW diagram still an int32. When you read my earlier post it mentions having to do two things:

1) In the Call Library Node configuration change the datatype of any parameter which is of type HANDLE to be a "pointer-sized (unsigned) integer".

2) On the front panel of all driver VIs change the according numeric control/indicator to be of type "(unsigned) 64-bit integer".

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 11 of 17
(2,126 Views)

It is solvedSmiley Happy, it is working great, thanks a lot rolfk, I really appreciate your help.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,110 Views)

@busha02 wrote:

It is solvedSmiley Happy, it is working great, thanks a lot rolfk, I really appreciate your help.

Then please mark a solution! It prevents others from opening this thread, trying to help. And others with the same problem will find the solution faster. You can mark multiple posts as solution, or make your own summary and mark that as solution, or both...

As a bonus your post will get a neat green tag, and you won't be spammed by the forum to mark a solution!

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,098 Views)

Dear @busha02,

I have problem with LabView 2018 64bit and FTDID2xx.dll under Windows 10 64bit.

Can you send me example code, working with this DLL properly.

leonid@duma.co.il

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(1,839 Views)

Recently working through issues with LV 2017 64 bit and FTDI myself.  One thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread is that there is a 64 bit version of FTDI driver.   If using LV 64 then use ftd2xx64.dll

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(1,787 Views)

@itronChiraldude wrote:

Recently working through issues with LV 2017 64 bit and FTDI myself.  One thing I didn't see mentioned in this thread is that there is a 64 bit version of FTDI driver.   If using LV 64 then use ftd2xx64.dll

This was actually mentioned in another thread that was recently getting active again. Also see there for a smart way to define the library name in the Call Library Node so it will work both for the 32-bit DLL and the 64-bit DLL.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(1,768 Views)

Hello Mr. Kalbermatter,

Thank you for this message and especially for solving the problem. Before I read your answer, I was looking for caster handle in U64. I admit that for me it is not very clear when to use a pointer-sized (unsigned) integer or a U64.

With kind regards,

Joseph

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(1,060 Views)