cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply

Unexpected behavior of spreadsheet string to array function

Solved!
Go to solution
Highlighted

Unexpected behavior of spreadsheet string to array function

Hello,

 

I found some weirdness in LabVIEW 2011 that I do not understand. In the attached vi, I provide a one-dimensional spreadsheet string separated by spaces. I use the spreadsheet string to array function to convert this spreadsheet string into an array of strings.

I ran into problems when I wanted to specify a space character as the delimiter.

The conversion works as intended, if I do not specify a delimiter (i.e., the default tab delimiter is used). But if I specify the delimiter, only the first element of the spreadsheet string is converted. I do not understand this behavior.

 

Thanks for your help.

 

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(440 Views)

Re: Unexpected behavior of spreadsheet string to array function

You don't have spaces in your string. You have tabs and of course the default delimiter works. Right click and select '\' Codes Display and see the \t.

Message 2 of 3
(438 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author pbuerki
08-27-2015 04:09 PM

Re: Unexpected behavior of spreadsheet string to array function

How embarrassing... Thanks for your time and clearing this up.

Peter

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(398 Views)