From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unbundle an array of clusters

Solved!
Go to solution

I figured out a more efficient way to code some stuff.  Here is an improved version with better performance.

"If you weren't supposed to push it, it wouldn't be a button."
Message 11 of 15
(959 Views)

@ran0 wrote:

Thank you all...

My aim is to record about 20 mixed datatypes in one giant array. I thought it would be better if i cluster them all together, per iteration, and unbundle by request only the datatype array i want.

Since it can't be done, i guess i'll work with multiple arrays, as easy as it could be at first place.

Once again, I thank you all.

Ran

I'd go with the Cluster-Array. One Index Array and one Unbundle to get the data isn't much of a hassle compared to handling 20 arrays. If you think it's 'too big', make a VI of it. You could even be lazy and have 1 with all data types as different outputs (although it'll be a big ugly), you'll need the 6x4x4x6 layout for that.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(941 Views)

Thank you! I don't know why this is not marked as solution.

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(842 Views)

I am getting an error saying Xnode is not executable. Do you know why?

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(841 Views)

What is the data type of what you are wiring to the function?  It doesn't look like a 1D array of a cluster it looks like it might be something else.  Post your VI or that data type and we can figure out why it doesn't work but like I said it is likely the wrong data type.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(835 Views)