From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to resize front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

I am unable to resize the front panel to a smaller window size.  I have set the minimum window size to (0,0), unchecked maintain proportions and scale all objects.  I had originally set the minimum window size to 1012x616.  When I close the property window and re-open it, the settings still read back (0,0) so they are being saved, but I am unable to shrink the window size smaller than 1012x616.

Also, there is open space on both sides in both dimensions, so I am not running into any front panel objects.  What property/properties I am missing that is locking the minimum panel size?  One last thing is that I am able to resize the windows of any SubVIs I have in the same project and edit their minimum window size and they respond as expected.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(5,836 Views)

Try to force the VI to recompile: Ctrl + run

George Zou
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(5,831 Views)

Recompling didn't help and I also checked that the user is able to resize the window. Even if I change the run time size to a smaller resolution, it remains 1024x616.  I am compairing VI Properties to my other SubVIs and not noticing any different settings either.  Other thoughts?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(5,826 Views)

at the risk of running into trouble.  Can you attach one of these problem vis? include the LabVIEW version you are using

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(5,824 Views)

I have attached the VI that has been gutted of all its functionality and dependencies on SubVIs, but still has the same front panel objects and still exhibits the same problem of not being able to resize down.  I am using Labview 2012 as well.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(5,821 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TitanLabview

Very odd

from the BD ctrl+A ,ctrl+C, ctrl+N, ctrl+E and ctrl+V fixes everything.

NI should open that vi with a debugger.....Oh where is that heep peek ini entry thing again......

[Edit: Here] 

Message 6 of 8
(5,814 Views)

I was hoping that I wouldn't have to do that, but in any case thanks!  Hopefully NI can figure out what the cause is/was.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(5,807 Views)

Capture.PNG

Yup an insane FP object

Message 8 of 8
(5,806 Views)