LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Launch LabVIEW_Development_Environment_32-Bit(Windows) with Bulldozer FX CPU

Hello, I am running into trouble launching the LabVIEW 2011 program with my Bulldozer FX CPU.  

I have tried replacing the niCPULib.dll in the Program Files(x86) folder and it still will not work.

I did everything at this link provided: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/4734A6405B123FA58625799900813593

I could not find any updates as to whether or not there were more workarounds to the problem at these forums.

I have the student version of LabVIEW 2011.

The installation process I went through consisted of these steps:

(1) I downloaded the provided software and ran the setup.exe within the LabVIEW_Development_Environment_32-Bit(Windows) folder.

(2) During installation I ran into a memory pile up and the installation stalled at around 56%, I looked at the task manager->processes and saw a MSI dump file. I decided to try and end the process; which caused the stall to go away.

(3) The program fully installed and I tried running the LabVIEW 2011 32-bit from the start-up menu.  It did not launch and created another memory pile up in my task manager.

(4) I tried replacing the niCPULib.dll (32-bit) file in the respective folder and launched the program.  It did not work

(5) I tried doing the same thing with the (64-bit) file and it did not work.

I am not sure whether or not I should be downloading NI drivers, or some other software besides the LabVIEW_Development_Environment_32-Bit(Windows), or if it is just my computer not being compatible.

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,630 Views)

Nevermind, I was able to solve my own issue.

I thought I only had to copy the niCPULib.dll file into the <Program Files (x86)>\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2011\>  folder instead of also copying it into the <Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\resource\>.

Silly mistake. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,612 Views)