From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-serial not found by NI-VISA

Hello Bill,

I couldn't find your link (they were blocked by my company), is there any way to find them? Thanks!

I have the same problem, and it will be fixed if I unplug USB and replug in USB again.(re-install the usb driver I guess) But it really bugs me a lot. I tried to use devcon to remove the usb port then rescan it, but it doesn't work. I'm using windows 7.

Weny

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 23
(1,214 Views)

I'll keep an eye on this thread, since I'm seeing a similar situation.  I'm also using an FTDI chip and communicating with it via a USB-to-serial converter under Windows 7.  I made a small program that looks for the COM port the USB device is claiming, sends out a quick VISA write and if it sees the response with a VISA read it knows the USB port on the device is good.  It worked fine for about a week or so, but now all of a sudden I'm finding when I plug in the USB cable the "USB to serial" driver will pop up, as it should, but Windows will claim the device is a USB mouse and the cursor will go nuts and the device won't communicate anymore.

Amateur programmer for over 10 years!
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 23
(1,203 Views)

One of my colleague solved this problem by using hardware: disconnect the USB power supply and reconnect it again, so window think it's a new one, so it started install the usb device driver again, and then VISA found it.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 23
(1,075 Views)