LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB TO COM port drivers in LabVIEW..

Hi Everyone,

I have virtual com port equipment (hardware) from STmicroelectronics and i need to communicate it with LabVIEW through USB.

I have done with NI-VISA Wizard which i have gone through previous posts but am not able to communicate.

Can i get any drivers for this communication.

In MAX, i can see it as COM4, COM5 like that but i want it as USB.

Thanks,

Sony.

'' A professional is someone who can do his best work when he doesn't feel like it''...........
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,934 Views)
If you have a virtual com port and it appears in MAX as one, then you use the VISA serial functions. It makes no sense to use the wizard. To use USB RAW, then you would need the low level details from the vendor. That's a lot of work for no benefit.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,914 Views)
To expand on Sir Dennis' point, it is not uncommon for vendors with USB widgets to sell to implement the interface to them as virtual serial ports, and the reason is simple: Nearly any environment can talk to a serial port, and you don't need any special hardware. In addition, because it is a **virtuall** serial port you don't even have to worry about cables.

The point to remember is that when you plug in one of these devices you are in essence adding in both the device AND the port to talk to it.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,907 Views)