LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Drivers for Labview

I want to connect USB device wiht my PC and wanna work with it in Labview  so is there any driver available in Labview,, though which i can operate with USB device (send and receieve query / data)

manisha
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(12,222 Views)
i have to read data from the USB device , so i m not able to find any driver for the usb,  so,
 how its possible to read USB device data,(using modbus query), i found USB camera driver,, but couldnt get any thing from that...

if its possible with VISA.. then,, again let me know....

& again,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

usb device is same as serial devices,, so ,, can i use,, serial driver to Read data from USB device,,,??????

ur kind help cam overcome my problem,,,

manishaSmiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(12,211 Views)

You have a USB->RS232 converter? If that's the case, it can probably used with the VISA API for reads and writes just like an internal RS-232. Open MAX (Measurement & Automation Explorer) and see if it's listed there under Devices & Interfaces and see if it's listed under Ports. If it is, you are good to go.

I'm a little confused though, about your comment about having no driver. Did the device come with nothing from the vendor? Does it show up under Device Manager under com and lpt ports?

Message 3 of 8
(12,192 Views)
Hello manisha,

VISA supports two classes of USB resources: USB RAW, and USB INSTR. If your device falls under one of those, then you should be able to communicate with it using NI-VISA. See the tutorial here for more information. Thanks!
Ebele O.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(12,171 Views)

Hiii, _Belle and Becktho

Thanks to both of you, and  i am sorry that i have given you some wrong description, actually we want the USB driver in LabVIEW, but we want to transfer the data on MODBUS protocol with another instruments, which already have MODBUS protocol builded. so can you please help me for the MODBUS driver on USB for LabVIEW.

Thanks,

Manisha

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(12,163 Views)
Hi Manisha,

The link here is to the MODBUS library that we have available. The library doesn't officially support USB; it really only supports Serial and TCP/IP. If you want to go in and edit the VIs to use USB, you could do that but it's not supported. Goodluck!

Thanks.

Ebele O.
National Instruments
Message 6 of 8
(12,127 Views)

This link to the tutorial is now broken.  Does anyone know the correct link?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(4,280 Views)

http://www.ni.com/example/29756/en/

-BTC

--------------------------------------------------------

New Controls & Indicators made using vector graphics & animations? Click below for Pebbles UI

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(4,259 Views)