LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-8451

Hi, is there any standard GUI to test USB-8451 is working or not?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,080 Views)
You can open NI MAX, select your device, and open a "Test Panel" if the option exists.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,039 Views)

computer detects the device, but don't see any option to open Test panel.

is there any option to find test panel?

if computer detects the device, that means device is GOOD?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(1,947 Views)
Not necessarily, you should be able to run a self-test on the device. If you don't see the self-test or test panels options then you probably need to update / install NI DAQmx drivers.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(1,943 Views)

@Gregory wrote:
Not necessarily, you should be able to run a self-test on the device. If you don't see the self-test or test panels options then you probably need to update / install NI DAQmx drivers.

The USB-845x devices are NOT DAQmx.  They have their own driver because they are for something completely different than DAQ (SPI and I2C communication).  And there is no built-in test panel that I have been able to find.  I don't blame NI for this since there are A LOT of different ways I2C is even interpreted (registers or no registers, 16-bit vs. 8-bit, etc.)

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(1,936 Views)
Thank you for the correct crossrulz, this is what happens when I assume...
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(1,928 Views)

Thanks Crossrulz,

I have one question instead of USB-8451, what other devices I can use for SPI and I2C communication.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(1,893 Views)

Hi pavan,

you can use the NI8452 instead.

Or a simple Arduino will do the SPI/I²C communication while communicating with LabVIEW using its virtual COM port…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(1,880 Views)

I have done some messing around with a NXP SC18IM700 to do I2C using a serial port.  It uses a TTL UART, so some additional circuitry is needed to convert the RS-232 port on your computer to the TTL levels.

But I will probably go with an Arduino or RaspberryPi next time I might need one of these.  It will be easier than getting a custom board built.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(1,875 Views)

is there any particular board you can suggest me from Arduino group for SPI/I2C communication ?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 17
(1,868 Views)