cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6009 device not found problem

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

So my VI and USB-6009 have been working fine until recently.  I noticed the VI was not reading or graphing information from the analog input channel correctly.  My firmware is up to date, but I noticed a problem.  In Isdaq, it will recognize that the USB-6009 is connected, then when I run my VI and stop it, i check Isdaq for my device again, and it does not recognize any device.  I have to unplug the daq and replug it for Isdaq to recognize the usb-6009 again.  But each time I run my VI, it does not seem to collect any data, and it makes the device unrecognizable.  Do you know what the problem might be?  Attached is the VI I have been running in case you want to look at it.  Its been working fine until now.  

btw, I am running Labview on a Mac OS X

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,077 Views)

I've updated all my firmware and tried everything, but my VI does not seem to work.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,065 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Solis

Hello Solis,

I would recommend making changes to the parallel tasks to use the error cluster to force the order of execution, since NI-DAQmx Base is not multi-thread safe (review NI-DAQmx Readme). Please verify if this alleviates the issue.

Best regards,

Ali M

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

www.ni.com/support

Message 3 of 5
(3,031 Views)

Hi Solis,

In addition to what Ali said, you also need to clean up your AO tasks with DAQmx Base Clear Task after you exit the loop.

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 4 of 5
(3,009 Views)

Thank you for the suggestions guys, I got it to work !

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,000 Views)