LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-6008

Hello,

I am using LabVIEW 2010 to try and capture and monitor the pressure in an experiment using a DAQ USB-6008 connected too two high accuracy pressure transducers (Core Parmer model WZ-68075-40). The pressure transducers are voltage regulated and i want to design a suitable VI to capture the pressure in the experiment using the above equipment. Specs are as follows:

- LabVIEW 2010 or 2009

- Data Acquisition Device is a Low-Cost, Bus-powered Multifunction DAQ for USB - 12 or 14 Bit, up to 48 kS/s, 8 Analog Inputs

- Cole-Parmer 68075 Pressure Transducer (x2, one up stream and downstream), 0 - 5 psi, 0.5 - 5.5 VDC Output.

Any help would be much appreciated?

barnug

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,081 Views)

Well, what have you tried? Is this just monitoring? Have you looked at the many examples that ship with DAQmx? If you have not installed DAQmx you should do so since you will need that to control the 6008. There are also numerous tutorials and articles on the NI site. For example:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5434

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/2744

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/3698

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5370

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,079 Views)

Hi Smercurio,

The following VI was attempted on an earlier version 07 or 08 i think, see screen shot attached. Because i am fairly new to LV and done some of the tutorials i am not totally convinced it is correct.

I have installed DAQmx and currently using LV 2010.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,067 Views)

The images are pretty worthless since you have everything hidden in Express VIs, Post the actal code if yu want any help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,040 Views)

VI as requested.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,016 Views)

Hi barnug,

I have had a look through the posted VI and all seems to be in order in terms of both the acquisition and analysis. I have also tested the VI out using a similar device and all seems to be working as it should. Are you having any specific problems or issues with this piece of code or do you have some more specific questions that I can address?

As Smercurio suggested it is certainly worth doing a little investigation into the DAQmx driver and how some of the functions are used. The tutorials on the ni.com website are a great place to start. I would suggest having a good read through the first two tutorials which were recommended by Smercurio as they will provide you with a great overview of DAQmx (the NI data acquisition driver) and the DAQ Assistant (the Express VI that is used for data acquisition tasks). Express VIs are high level, easy to use, wizard type functions that are available for the most common tasks in LabVIEW and are characterised by the large icons with a bright blue background (which you are using in the posted VI). I suggest that as a LabVIEW beginner wanting to do some fairly straightforward acquisition and analysis, the Express VI route is probably the one for you.

Best Regards,

Christian Hartshorne

NIUK

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,002 Views)

As you may not know. But Labview is shipped with a lot of useful examples. A useful tool is the example finder. Go to help in the toolbar, then Find Examples. And do a search for your topic. As far as I know, all the examples are made in real Labview, not Express VIs. Express VIs is just some flimflams that NI has glued on top of Labview Using cheap glue. If you plan to do much Labview programming I will not recommend using Express VIs. I have seen many examples in this forum. That Express VIs do more harm than good.

Besides which, my opinion is that Express VIs Carthage must be destroyed deleted
(Sorry no Labview "brag list" so far)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,990 Views)

Hi, thanks for the help so far guys... Smiley Happy

I have just discovered that one of my voltage transducers has failed (no spare!) so looking like i will have to implement the experiment with just the one.... Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,968 Views)