From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typedef Control Name From Variant Data - Value Change Event

In the attached example, I'm having trouble figuring out why the references Traverse G - objects.vi returns for typedefs do not have the control name embedded in variant data when they are registered for Value Changed Events (enabled diagram).  It seems to work fine for controls that are not typdefs.  If I explicitly find the controls using VI panel properties (disabled diagram), everything works fine but I have situations where the traverse Gobjects would be preferred since it can go through nested tabs / controls etc.  Am I missing something simple?

Note crossposted at LavaG post

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,975 Views)

bean123,

I looked at your VI and the behavior reproduces on my computer as well. I'll look into filing a bug report with our R&D department. Does this only happen with the event structure? It looks like if you just get the control references outside the event structure, they come out fine. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,914 Views)

I haven't seen it in other scenarios but I haven't really looked.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,870 Views)

@HizNI wrote:
[...]Does this only happen with the event structure? [..]

It has to be connected with the value data node (old and new alike) of the event structure. Any combination i tested where i copy the control reference (even upcast as GObject) or read the value and copy it (as variant, as value) outside of the event structure keeps the information.

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,855 Views)