LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input parameter invalid at enqueue element

hey

i am writing a program that consists of a bunch of while loop state machines all sending messages to each other using queues. the problem i am having is that one of the queues keeps causing an error and i cannot understand why. the error produced is:

Error 1 occurred at Enqueue Element
An input parameter is invalid.

i have checked the element enqueued that causes the error, it is a cluster of an I32 and a DBL array. the input seems valid, i do not understand what is causing the error. can anyone enlighten?

i have attached a picture of the loop causing the error.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,143 Views)
You might have a data-flow deficiency.

Could it be that you are destroying the queue at an inappropriate time?

The upper "Destroy Queue" does not have an error input wired and it's hard to see if it's properly in line with other data dependensies used in the software.

I'd check to see if the Queue is still valid at the point where this error pops up.

Shane.
Using LV 6.1 and 8.2.1 on W2k (SP4) and WXP (SP2)
Message 2 of 7
(8,139 Views)
that was it, thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,134 Views)

I'm having a simmilar problem.

I'm trying to use a queue to buffer the magnitude output of the FFT vi (includes f0, df, both doubles and an array of doubles for the magnitude) so that graphing of the output doesn't slow down the reading (from a 5122 digitizer) that happens before it.  The length of the array is set at run time (via user interface).  Whenever the fft tries to write to it, the program crashes and gives me that error message.

Is there anything blatantly wrong with trying to queue a cluster with an undefined-length array?

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(7,673 Views)
here's a copy of the VI.  the queue in queestion is the "FFT loop".
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(7,649 Views)
Problem resolved.... one of my loop termination consitions was flipped, so that my queue terminated before I could write to it.
Message 6 of 7
(7,639 Views)

Thanks shoneill!

+1 for the, obvious but helpful tip that saved me some precious time!

"Anything can be done if you only think about it hard enough..."
"... truth is a lie in disguise!"
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,746 Views)