From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two data into "Write To Measurement" Function

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I like to capture Two signal data from USB-6366, and record as .csv. Now I implement "Write To Measurement" Function. But this function have only single signal. So I can not logged two data simultaneously on single log file.

Is there any method exist ? If so, please instruct how to implement it.

Best,
Kazutaka Watanabe

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,092 Views)

What do you mean the Write to Measurement has only one signal.

Attach your VI so we can see what you've done.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,084 Views)

Hi,

I just want to capture two signals that input signal on Filter, and output from filter.
In this case, how to capture and output as single log file ?

Best,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(2,068 Views)
Solution
Accepted by KevWhat

Hi Kev,

as you seem to be a friend of all those ExpressVIs (unlike me) you should have noticed that MergeSignals ExpressVI. Using this ExpressVI lets you merge several signals into just one DDT wire…

Your VI is missing a loop: do you really read just one millisecond worth of data?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,051 Views)

I see another problem with your VI.  It only runs once.  You grab a 1/10th second worth of data, process it, write it out and the VI ends.  Is that really what you want to do?

Please don't tell me you are running this using the Run Continuously button.  That is only meant for helping to debug subVI's.  It seems your VI should have a while loop around it with a stop button so that when you run it using the Run button, it will run until you stop the VI via the stop button you added to the front panel (and not the Abort button on the toolbar.)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,027 Views)

Your expectation is what I like to achieve on this VI. I misunderstood how to use of "Run" and "Stop" button. I have to use while loop to make "Continuous Capturing".

I will do that.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,000 Views)

Put a while loop around the code you want to run continuously.

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

Message 7 of 7
(1,969 Views)