LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn Digital voltage output off USB 6211

I need to use a digital voltage line output to turn on, remain on while two analog voltages are ouputted and turn off automatically when the analog outputs are finished.

I am very new to labView and have limited programing experience so I'm struggling to find a way of doing this.

The first analog output is a tri-state comon mode voltage signal which outputs a 16bit bit stream connected to AO 0. The second is a supply voltage which jumps to a higher voltage after the bit stream is finished connected to AO 1. I use an array attached to a case structure (attached) to accomplish these.

I am using LabView 8.5.

The output goes to the low level when I changed the control to false manually.I have tried to use a flat sequence and have a DAQ Assistant at the start of the sequence that generates the digital ouput I want. I get the output I want but I do not know how to automatically bring it back to the low level when the VI stops running.

If someone could help me that would be great.

Thanks very much,

Daragh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,204 Views)

Hi Daragh,

I'm Oli, I'm an Applications Engineer at NIUK.  Welcome to the forums!

Firstly - sorry about the response to your other post.

Getting back to this post...

Having a look at your code and reading through your post, it looks like you are trying to implement a 'State Machine'.  State machines allow you to program a series of states that you code will run through.

So in your code you would have a state to turn on the digital output, then a state to output the first voltage, then the second, and finally turn off the digital line again.  Once you've create the states, you can decide the order they run.  Take a look at this guide and have a go at changing your code to this architecture as that will get you to where you want to be.

There are also guides here and here.

Best Regards,

Oli
LabVIEW Student Ambassador
National Instruments UK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,174 Views)

Thanks very much Oli.

One of the lads at work helped me out with this a bit. I will read your links as well though.

Daragh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,170 Views)