LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I get this new error message when changing build properties for an installer in LV2011sp1. Anyone know what it is?

Solved!
Go to solution

I have built this installer before. But I think this is the first time since updating to SP1. Now when I just look at the build proerties for the installer (I don't even have to change them), I get this new error message when I hit the okay button.

If I select NO, it just stops. If I select YES, it seems to continue ok. But I haven't tried building a new installer yet.

Does anyone know what this is?

Picture of message is attached.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,292 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jperch

I always find it useful to post at least some portion of the error in your post, so that others in the future can search and find the answer.

I think you'll be able to fix the error by clicking on the additional installers option on the left hand pane and then clicking OK to save the build.

Most likely you'll be prompted to point the installer to some files that are missing since the upgrade.  I think this happens when the version of something on your computer changes, but the installer doesn't seem to know until you visit the Additional Installers dialog.  It'd be brutal to try and replicate, but I've encountered the same problem before.

Message 2 of 3
(2,279 Views)

Wart,

My initial intent was to put the picture of teh message in the post. But I was in a hurry to get it up there and did not see an easy way to do it quickly. So, I just atteched it. The error message itself is quite cryptic and thus not terribly conducive to manually typing.

Anyhow, you suggetion was correct. That certainly did fix the issue. I just clicked on the additional installers tab and then clicked ok: No error.

Thanks for your help.

Joe

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,270 Views)