From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with High Throughput Math on FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution

I'm new to Fixed Point numbers and high throughput math on the FPGA. I'm using the 7962 with the 5751 adapter module. I'm writing some simple codes to convince myself I understand what I'm doing before writing the more complex code. I've written a simple code to divide two numbers and then multiply the result with one of the original numbers. The block diagram is shown below.

Main Loop.JPG

It looks like the divide is working correctly. But the multiply always gives zero and I cannot figure out why. A typical result from the front panel is shown below.

Front Panel.JPG

If I remove the divide, the multiply seems to work correctly. Any insight on what I am doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,101 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author jp82

After more than a day of scratching my head, I realized that one of the inputs to the multiply function is always zero because it's being read 52 cycles later (i.e. when the case structure is false). To fix this, I added a feed back node, so that the data is carried ahead and is available to the multiply function once the divide function completes. I have attached a picture for those interested/having similar problems.

Main Loop Fixed.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,082 Views)