LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble installing Labview with NI mDNS Responder

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi, I'm constantly getting this error installing Labview 2014 and NI ELVISmx.

I'm using windows 7 64bit.

Help me please, thank you very much in advance.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,316 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Namit

Hi Vitvitvit,

How are you downloading this version of LabVIEW 2014? From a CD? It looks like this is an error associated with the Windows Installer, and not the LabVIEW installer.

Have you had any versions of LabVIEW installed on this computer in the past that have since been uninstalled? It looks like sometimes people have had incomplete installs in the past which can cause this error.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,271 Views)

Hi rsmayer, 

Thank you for your reply.

In fact, I have just re-install windows on my computer. In the last time, I installed Labview in disk E, which is not my system one (disk C) and Labview worked just fine for me.

This time i installed Labview on system disk C as i found out that after a windows re-install, having the program installed in another disk won't help backing up. 

I have done a clear uninstall of the previous version in disk E. Still, i'm encoutering the same problem. 

Any idea on that one? Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,264 Views)

Hello,

Just wanted to confirm that you are in fact downloading off of a CD? In the past when this error occurs, there have been a few cases where a bad CD was the root issue.

One thing you could try is to get a log of the installation process and post it here (or a private message if it has sensetive network information). http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/AB597E885DB7D16B86256E92006DB232?OpenDocument

From this I might be able to see what is causing your issue.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,247 Views)

Hi rsmayer,

Thank you for your reply.

Well, I tried installing on more time and this time it magically worked, I don't know why Smiley Very Happy

Thank you for all your help. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,240 Views)